List of Important PSC Questions about Rivers in Kerala.
- There are 44 rivers in Kerala.
- 41 of them flow westward and 3 eastward.
- East flowing rivers in Kerala: Kabani, Bhavani, Pambar
- All the rivers are entirely monsoon-fed.
Top 5 Longest Rivers in Kerala and its lengths
- Periyar River (244 km)
- Bharathapuzha River (209 km)
- Pamba River (176 km)
- Chaliyar River (169 km)
- Chalakudy River (145 km)
Important PSC Repeated Questions about Kerala Rivers
- Which is the longest river in Kerala?
- The largest hydro-electric project in Kerala, Idukki dam is in which river?
- Aluva is located on the banks of which river?
- Which river in Kerala is referred as ‘Churni’ in Kautilya’s Arthashastra ?
- The Mullaperiyar Dam is located in which river
- Which river is also known as Nila?
- Which river is also called Nile of Kerala?
- Which is the second longest river in Kerala
- Thirunavaya, the venue of Mamankam festival was on the banks of:
- Which is the northern most river in Kerala?
- In which river is Sabarigiri hydroelectric project located?
- Sabarimala temple is located on the banks of
- Which river is also known as ‘Dakshina Bhageerathi’ and ‘River Baris’?
- Which district in Kerala has maximum number of rivers flowing?
- Which river from Kerala flows eastwards to Karnataka
- Which river flows through through the Silent Valley National Park in Palakkad?
- The famous Thusharagiri water falls is formed by which river?
- Which river is also known as Chulika River or Beypore River ?
- Kadalundi train disaster, one of the biggest accidents on the Indian railway network in 2001 was in which district in Kerala?
- Which is the largest earthen dam in India located across the Karamanathodu River, a tributary of River Kabini in Wayanad district?
Banasurs Sagar Dam