Karimeen (Pearl Spotted fish) is a very tasty and sought after delicacy in Kerala. Karimeen fry is one of the favourite dishes among tourists visiting kerala. Here is the recipe to prepare Karimeen fry in Kerala style.
- Karimeen (Pearl Spot), cleaned and slit – 4 nos
- Red chilli powder – 2 table spoon
- Garlic and Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil As required
- Curry Leaves
- Sliced onion
Smear the fish with some lime juice and keep for five minutes. Mix all the powders and salt and make it to a fine paste. Apply the paste on the fish and keep it for an hour. Add some oil in a frying pan and fry the fish on both the sides over a low flame. Once fried, remove the fish from the pan. Before serving, decorate it with some curry leaves, sliced onion and lemon.